Kriya Tantra Vase 25 Substances
Also know as Bumdze Nyernga, this is a combination of 25 substances that one puts into a bhumpa (ritual vase) for general Vajrayana practices. The 25 substances are the five types of grain, five types of medicines, five types of scented substances, five types of essence, and five types of jewels.
From Lama Yeshe Wisdom Achieve, we have the following:
Kunkyen Jamyang Shepa, who was an extremely famous, learned, highly attained teacher, wrote about the benefits of these substances for vases and tormas in the root text Kiria Pungzang as follows:
• Place the five medicines inside to eliminate the eons of sickness.
• Place the five scents inside to have pure morality.
• Place the five jewels inside to fulfill all needs and to eliminate the eons of harm from weapons.
• Place the five essences inside to become the heart of all and to fulfill all wishes.
Kunkyen Jamyang Shepa also explained:
• The benefits of the five medicines are to not have disease and to have happiness.
• The benefits of the five scents are to achieve pure morality and to not fall to the bad realms of transmigrators.
• The benefits of the five jewels are to receive all needs according to what one desires/wishes, to pacify war, and to not be harmed by weapons.
• The benefits of the five grains are to increase enjoyments and pacify famines.
• The benefits of the five essences are to help increase all the essences of samsara and nirvana and to fulfill all needs.