Stages of Shamatha Thangka
A visual representation of the different stages of the Shamatha meditation.
The elephant represents the mind, which in the beginning is shown as being led by a monkey representing the distractions. Gradually both the monkey and the elephant change color, and the monkey no longer leads the elephant as a metaphor of the progression of the practitioner and the taming of his own mind.
- Painted area: 13.5"x 18.5"
- Including brocade: 43"x28"
- Original hand painted thangka
- Traditional brocade framing
* Thera are two versions available. See photos for details